It’s the most wonderful time of the year. No, not the winter holidays; the beginning of football season. With it comes the return of fantasy football, which is the most popular of all fantasy sports. The fantasy sports industry as a whole has grown at an incredibly rapid rate: according to the Fantasy Sports Trade Association, 56.8 million people in the USA and Canada played fantasy sports in 2015, which was double the number of people that played in 2009. Some sources have estimated that nearly 75 million people around the globe will play fantasy football during the 2016-17 season, injecting roughly $4.6 billion into the economy. For those who may be unaware, fantasy sports leagues typically consist of anywhere from eight to a dozen or so teams that are “managed” by players. The season starts with a draft, where each player drafts a full roster’s worth of athletes. The players then manage their teams for the entire sport’s season, deciding who to play and who to bench on their team each week during head-to-head matchups against other teams in…Read More
Rudman Winchell is a full service law firm serving the people, businesses and communities of Maine. With our vast legal resources and more than two dozen attorneys located in Bangor, we become a true strategic partner with the clients we serve.
Rudman • Winchell's Practice Groups
Individual • Family
Rudman Winchell attorneys provide expert guidance and on matters involving all aspects of Maine individual and family law including Divorce, Probate, Elder Law, Wills and Estate Planning.
Business • Corporate
Rudman Winchell business attorneys regularly represent clients in all aspects of business and corporate law.
Litigation • Trials
Rudman Winchell’s trial lawyers have extensive experience in both federal and state courts in a vast array of civil matters as well as criminal defense.
Municipal • Government Law
Rudman Winchell represents clients' interests in administrative and enforcement proceedings before government agencies and boards, including appeals.
Insurance • Workers Compensation
Rudman Winchell’s insurance law attorneys offer specialized representation to insurance companies and their insureds.
Real Estate • Property
Rudman Winchell has a broad Maine based real estate practice. Our real estate attorneys provide representation of banks and other lending institutions
Employment • Labor Law
Rudman Winchell’s experienced Employment and Labor attorneys advise clients on preventive strategies and positive solutions in Maine labor and workplace law.
Timberlands • Natural Resources
Rudman Winchell is located in the heart of Maine's industrial timberlands, and is a trusted partner of the timber industry and other natural resource based enterprises.
Healthcare • Hospitals
Rudman Winchell provides a comprehensive array of legal services to clients in the health care industry, throughout the state of Maine.
FROM THE ATTORNEY'S BLOG
More News & Events
- Rudman Winchell and Maine Elder Law present a FREE Estate Planning and Elder Law Seminar.
- Rudman Winchell presents FREE Lunch and Learn on changes to salaried exempt employees rules, OSHA reporting rules, and wellness program standards.
- Attorney Frank McGuire Will be a Guest Speaker at Annual Berry Dunn Seminar
- Rudman Winchell Recognized as a “Best Law Firm” in America for 2017
- Rudman Winchell Participates in Fraud Watch Wednesday
- Rudman Winchell Achieves High Rankings From Chambers USA in Nationwide Excellence Report
- JOIN US FOR A FREE LUNCH AND LEARN ON CHANGES TO SALARIED EXEMPT EMPLOYEE RULES, OSHA REPORTING RULES, AND WELLNESS PROGRAM STANDARDS
- Rudman Winchell Presents Free Lunch and Learn in Bar Harbor
- Rudman Winchell Attorneys David C. King, Frank T. McGuire, and Edmond J. Bearor Named New England Super Lawyers
- Anne-Marie Storey to Present at Maine Municipal Association Event