The MaineCare program, administered by Maine’s Department of Health and Human Services, provides important medical and long-term care benefits to many Mainers. There are a variety of MaineCare benefits, based on the type of services and the basis for qualifying for benefits. DHHS encapsulates the rules for these subsets of the MaineCare program within the MaineCare Eligibility Manual (the “Manual”). The rules are based on both federal Medicaid law and state policy. The Manual is updated regularly to adjust to changing conditions, incorporate updates from federal law, and provide greater clarity to existing rules. The Manual was updated effective October 1, 2016. (The most recent prior update was on November 2, 2015.) Many of the updates were done to delete outdated references, expand the explanations of existing rules, and correct typographical errors, and there were also a few updates to comply with federal law. DHHS’s summary of the updates stated that none of the updates were considered controversial. However, there were several noteworthy substantive changes. Two of the updates, done to comply with federal law, concern the applicant’s personal residence….Read More
Rudman Winchell is a full service law firm serving the people, businesses and communities of Maine. With our vast legal resources and more than two dozen attorneys located in Bangor, we become a true strategic partner with the clients we serve.
Rudman • Winchell's Practice Groups
Individual • Family
Rudman Winchell attorneys provide expert guidance and on matters involving all aspects of Maine individual and family law including Divorce, Probate, Elder Law, Wills and Estate Planning.
Business • Corporate
Rudman Winchell business attorneys regularly represent clients in all aspects of business and corporate law.
Litigation • Trials
Rudman Winchell’s trial lawyers have extensive experience in both federal and state courts in a vast array of civil matters as well as criminal defense.
Municipal • Government Law
Rudman Winchell represents clients' interests in administrative and enforcement proceedings before government agencies and boards, including appeals.
Insurance • Workers Compensation
Rudman Winchell’s insurance law attorneys offer specialized representation to insurance companies and their insureds.
Real Estate • Property
Rudman Winchell has a broad Maine based real estate practice. Our real estate attorneys provide representation of banks and other lending institutions
Employment • Labor Law
Rudman Winchell’s experienced Employment and Labor attorneys advise clients on preventive strategies and positive solutions in Maine labor and workplace law.
Timberlands • Natural Resources
Rudman Winchell is located in the heart of Maine's industrial timberlands, and is a trusted partner of the timber industry and other natural resource based enterprises.
Healthcare • Hospitals
Rudman Winchell provides a comprehensive array of legal services to clients in the health care industry, throughout the state of Maine.
FROM THE ATTORNEY'S BLOG
More News & Events
- Rudman Winchell Welcomes Four New Attorneys
- Join us for the Annual Rudman Winchell Employment Law Seminar
- Rudman Winchell and Maine Elder Law present a FREE Estate Planning and Elder Law Seminar.
- Rudman Winchell presents FREE Lunch and Learn on changes to salaried exempt employees rules, OSHA reporting rules, and wellness program standards.
- Attorney Frank McGuire Will be a Guest Speaker at Annual Berry Dunn Seminar
- Rudman Winchell Recognized as a “Best Law Firm” in America for 2017
- Rudman Winchell Participates in Fraud Watch Wednesday
- Rudman Winchell Achieves High Rankings From Chambers USA in Nationwide Excellence Report
- JOIN US FOR A FREE LUNCH AND LEARN ON CHANGES TO SALARIED EXEMPT EMPLOYEE RULES, OSHA REPORTING RULES, AND WELLNESS PROGRAM STANDARDS
- Rudman Winchell Presents Free Lunch and Learn in Bar Harbor