Rudman Winchell is a full-service law firm located in Bangor, Maine. Our attorneys practice national caliber law while enjoying the unsurpassed beauty of Maine. Like attorneys at large city law firms across the country, we handle sophisticated legal challenges in litigation, securities, banking, energy, corporations, estate planning, employment, immigration and environmental law. Unlike those big-city attorneys, we enjoy practice in Maine courts and with the Maine bar, where civility and attention to quality remain the expectation rather than the exception.
Rudman Winchell’s practice is organized into three sections: Litigation, Employment, and Transactions. Within these sections we offer a full range of legal practice areas. Our structure is flexible, however, and our Practice Groups cut across sections and practice areas in order to meet client needs with integrated service. Our proximity to Canada also offers opportunities for international business practice.
Our attorneys are encouraged to participate actively in the life of their communities. They serve on volunteer boards and in appointed and elected positions of leadership throughout the Penobscot River Valley and across Maine.
Attorney – Estate Planning
Rudman Winchell is seeking an attorney experienced in estate planning and administration to join our growing practice.
Preferred experience to include five or more years of estate planning, tax planning, family business succession planning for high net worth clients, and probate including administration of taxable estates.
Must be licensed attorney in good standing with current or reciprocal admission to the Maine Bar. Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
Attorney – Corporate
Rudman Winchell is seeking an attorney experienced in corporate law to join our Bangor, Maine law firm.
Three to five years of corporate and financial law experience is preferred. Must be licensed attorney in good standing with current or reciprocal admission to the Maine Bar.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
Paralegal – Commercial Real Estate/Transactions
Rudman Winchell is seeking an experienced paralegal for our busy Real Estate/ Transactions practice.
Responsibilities include assisting attorneys in drafting transaction documents, preparing closing statements and transaction agendas, Registry of Deeds title searches and assisting with closings.
Applicant must have strong analytical and interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, work effectively with others, and be attentive to detail and responsive to priorities.
The ideal candidate will possess at least three years’ experience in the area of commercial real estate, although other legal or real estate experience will be considered.
- Family Leave Medical Act
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Maine Child Labor Law
- Maine Domestic Violence, Sexual Assult & Stalking
- Maine Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
- Maine Employment Security Law
- Maine Equal Pay
- Maine Minimum Wage
- Maine Regulation of Employment
- Maine Sexual Harassment and Discrimination
- Maine Social Media
- Maine Supports Nursing Moms
- Maine Video Display Terminal
- Maine Whistleblowers’ Protection Act
- Maine Workers’ Compensation
- Employee Rights under Employee Polygraph Protection Act (PPA)
- Employee Rights under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Employee Rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Your Rights under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)