Business and Corporate Attorneys
Rudman Winchell business attorneys regularly represent clients in all aspects of business and corporate law.
For almost 100 years, Rudman Winchell has offered businesses, institutions and individuals throughout the state and region the advice and representation required to meet an extensive variety of business needs.
- Formation of corporations, LLC's, joint ventures and partnerships
- Purchases and sales of businesses
- Formation of non-profit organizations and obtaining tax-exempt status
- Venture capital and equity financing transactions
- Intellectual property including patents, trademarks and copyright
- Trade secret protection including noncompetition agreements
- Securities offerings
- Debt financing transactions
- Commercial leases
- Commercial transactions
- Regulatory compliance
- Corporate governance
- Creditors rights and bankruptcy
- Business related immigration
- Business succession planning
- Family owned business issues
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Choice of entity for start-up enterprises
- Operating agreements
- Shareholder agreements
- Commercial contracts
- Asset purchase and sale agreements
- Stock purchase and sale agreements
Several of our attorneys serve as general counsel to numerous Maine companies, large and small, which operate in all sectors of the New England and global economy. We regularly assist start-up and growing enterprises in Maine’s emerging entrepreneurial, technology and research sectors.
Rudman Winchell is a full-service law firm; its business and corporate law attorneys collaborate seamlessly with peers in other practice areas as needed, in order to provide the full range of legal services its clients may require.
We frequently represent business clients in mergers, acquisitions, and sales of businesses.
Rudman Winchell business attorneys and corporate lawyers regularly work with clients in and are often called upon to represent shareholders in shareholder disputes, and we are recognized for our strength and creativity in the resolution of business disputes on behalf of our clients.
Our highly skilled business attorneys assist clients with protection of intellectual property including patents, trademarks and copyright; commercial disputes; and bankruptcy and creditors rights. We represent both lenders and borrowers with financing transactions of all kinds.
Rudman Winchell's corporate law team has the skill and expertise to meet the ongoing routine legal needs of any growing business or institution, as well as the knowledge and resources to provide legal counsel and representation for the more complex issues that may arise.
Our expert attorneys build trusted and valued partnerships with organizations like yours for all the routine and complex legal needs that may arise.
An extension of our corporate law services, Starboard Leadership Consulting offers strategic planning, managerial and governance advice to organizations of all types.
We are well-known for our work in forming and counseling non-profit organizations in all aspects of their legal affairs. We represent both franchisors and franchisees with franchise matters.
- Administrative Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Bankruptcy Law
- Construction Law
- Copyright Law
- Employment and Labor Law
- Energy Law
- Environmental Law
- Family Owned Business Services
- Hospitality Law
- Immigration Law
- Insurance Defense Law and Litigation
- Intellectual Property Law, Copyright, Patent and Trademark Law
- Land Use Permitting
- Legal Education for Clients
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Real Estate Law
- Trucking and Transportation Law
- Workers' Compensation Law