Family Owned Business Services
Rudman Winchell has a long tradition of advising family owned business clients. We advise owners of family businesses on all aspects concerning their business interests and related personal matters, including business succession planning, finance and management issues, taxation and estate planning.
Our attorneys are active with the Maine Bar Association and the American Bar Association, which provide educational programs and research publications on family business issues.
Rudman Winchell's subsidiary, Starboard Leadership Consulting LLC, provides strategic, managerial, and governance advice to family owned businesses and their owners. Those services complement and expand upon the legal services provided by our attorneys. A more complete description of Starboard's family business consulting services can be found at www.starboardleadership.com.
- Governance and ownership arrangements
- Succession planning
- Documentation review for bank financing and other loan transactions
- Redemptions, cross-purchases, employee and management buyouts, sales of assets or stock, and public offerings
- Implementing best governance practices and procedures
- Acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and expansions
- Designing charitable trusts and family foundations
- Trade secrets and intellectual property rights
- Forming trusts, family limited partnerships, limited liability companies and S Corporations
- Employee manuals and employment practices