Rudman Winchell offers a full service trademark practice. We assist our business clients with evaluating the strength and protectability of marks, with the preparation and filing of state and federal trademark registration applications, with the maintenance of registered marks, and with infringement prosecution and defense of both statutory and common law trademark claims.
- Prior art analysis of proposed marks
- Preparation and filing of applications for registration of trademarks
- Prosecution of trademark registration applications, including responding to office actions
- Maintenance of registered marks
- Opposition defense of pending trademark applications
- Analysis of infringement claims
- Cease and desist letters and responses
- Trademark law research
- International trademark protection
- Trademark infringement litigation
You might need a TRADEMARK LAWYER if....
- ....you are using a name or logo or combination design or slogan for your business
- ....or, you are using a name or logo or combination design or slogan for your product(s) or service(s)
- ....and, you wish to expand your rights geographically to the entire state or the entire U.S.
- ....or, someone else is using a name or logo or combination design or slogan that is confusingly similar to your name or logo or combination design or slogan
- ....or, someone else is accusing you of using a name or logo or combination design or slogan that is confusingly similar to their own name or logo or combination design or slogan
But, if you have created a web site or written a book or recorded a song or made a movie or created a new T-shirt design, you might need a COPYRIGHT lawyer
Or, if you have invented a new device or method for performing a task, you might need a PATENT lawyer