Jonathan P. Hunter, Attorney at Law, has served as a law clerk for the Maine Superior Court and the Honorable Warren M. Silver of the Maine Supreme Judicial Court. His practice at Rudman Winchell concentrates on litigation and appeals.
Jonathan grew up in Medford, Massachusetts. He received his bachelor’s degree in history from the University of Massachusetts Amherst, graduating summa cum laude. Jonathan studied law at Suffolk University Law School, where he served as managing editor of the Suffolk University Law Review and graduated summa cum laude.
While in law school, Jonathan worked as a judicial intern for the Massachusetts Superior Court and as a student prosecutor through the Suffolk Prosecutors Clinical Program. He was the recipient of the Best Brief Award, Distinguished Oral Advocate Award, and the Jurisprudence Award in Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, Securities Regulation, and Federal Income Tax.
Jonathan currently serves on the advisory committee on the Maine Rules of Appellate Procedure and the US District Court Local Rules Advisory Committee. Jonathan lives in Bangor with his wife, Jessica. They enjoy reading, following the New England Patriots and Boston Celtics, and spending time with their cats in their spare time.
Areas of practice
Memberships and Affiliations
- U.S. District Court Local Rules Advisory Committee
- Maine Rules of Appellate Procedure Advisory Committee
- Maine, 2011
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine, 2017
- University of Massachusetts Amherst, Bachelor of Arts in History, summa cum laude, 2008
- Minor in Political Science
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., summa cum laude, 2011
- Managing Editor of the Suffolk University Law Review, 2010-2011