Kristy focuses her practice on estate and trust law, assisting individuals and families with estate planning, wealth transfers, trust and estate administration, guardianship and conservatorship proceedings, and other probate matters. For her work in Trusts and Estates, Kristy received recognition in the 2023 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America. She was also recognized in the 2022 and 2023 editions for her work in the field of Trusts and Estates Litigation.
Having been raised in a family business, Kristy is particularly passionate about helping small business owners plan for the future. She understands the unique challenges facing business owners, and she works with families and business owners in all stages of estate planning to protect and preserve the legacies they have created.
Kristy earned a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of Maine at Orono, and she graduated magna cum laude from the University of Maine School of Law. She is a current member of the Maine Advisory Committee on Probate Rules, she serves as the Member Representative for the John Waldo Ballou Inn of Court, and she is a member of the Board of Trustees for Maine Central Institute. From 2016-2022, she served two terms as a Select Board Member for her hometown of Burnham.
Kristy lives in Burnham with her husband, Patrick, and their dog, Ridley. In her free time, she is a competitive candlepin bowler and can be found traveling throughout New England and Canada to compete in leagues and tournaments year-round.
Areas of practice
Memberships and Affiliations
- Recognized in Best lawyers: Ones to Watch – Litigation- Trusts and Estates 2022
- Maine State Bar Association
- Penobscot Bar Association
- Advisory Committee on Probate Rules
- John Waldo Ballou Inn of Court
- Maine, 2016
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine, 2016
- University of Maine Orono, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, summa cum laude, 2013
- Minor in Legal Studies, Political Science, the Constitution, and American Law
- University of Maine School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2016
- Co-Chair of the Moot Court Board
- Ginoux Award for Appellate Advocacy