Rudman Winchell is a full-service law firm located in Bangor, Maine. Our attorneys practice national caliber law while enjoying the unsurpassed beauty of Maine. Like attorneys at large city law firms across the country, we handle sophisticated legal challenges in litigation, securities, banking, energy, corporations, estate planning, employment, immigration, and environmental law. Unlike those big-city attorneys, we enjoy practice in Maine courts and with the Maine bar, where civility and attention to quality remain the expectation rather than the exception.
Rudman Winchell’s practice is organized into three sections: Litigation, Employment, and Transactions. Within these sections, we offer a full range of legal practice areas. Our structure is flexible, however, and our Practice Groups cut across sections and practice areas in order to meet client needs with integrated service. Our proximity to Canada also offers opportunities for international business practice.
Our attorneys are encouraged to participate actively in the life of their communities. They serve on volunteer boards and in appointed and elected positions of leadership throughout the Penobscot River Valley and across Maine.
Legal Assistant – Corporate/Commercial Real Estate
Rudman Winchell is seeking an experienced legal assistant to support our busy corporate and real estate practices.
Duties related to assisting multiple attorneys will include:
- preparing and typing legal documents and correspondence
- assisting attorneys with all aspects of document preparation
- tracking and managing deadlines
- document organization and management
- communicating with clients, financial institutions, and other professionals
- assisting with corporate filings and registrations
- updating/maintaining minute books
Applicant must have strong analytical and interpersonal skills, be self-motivated and responsive to multiple and changing priorities. The ideal candidate also will be attentive to detail, possess excellent communication skills (oral and written), and work effectively alone or as a member of a team. Experience working in the corporate and/or real estate fields is preferred.
Compensation for this full-time 40-hour position is commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
Please send your cover letter and resume detailing your qualifications to:
Rudman Winchell, LLC
Attn: HR Manager
P.O. Box 1401
Bangor, ME 04402-1401
Rudman Winchell is an equal opportunity employer
- Family Leave Medical Act
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Maine Child Labor Law
- Maine Domestic Violence, Sexual Assult & Stalking
- Maine Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
- Maine Employment Security Law
- Maine Equal Pay
- Maine Minimum Wage
- Maine Regulation of Employment
- Maine Sexual Harassment and Discrimination
- Maine Social Media
- Maine Supports Nursing Moms
- Maine Video Display Terminal
- Maine Whistleblowers’ Protection Act
- Maine Workers’ Compensation
- Employee Rights under Employee Polygraph Protection Act (PPA)
- Employee Rights under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Employee Rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Your Rights under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)