Rudman Winchell is a multi-practice law firm with expertise in transactional, litigation, and employment areas of the law. Because of this, our attorneys are able to cross-practice area boundaries in order to meet the needs of our clients.
Serving the communities of Maine is very important to Rudman Winchell. Attorneys and staff alike are encouraged to participate actively in the communities they live by giving their time to non-profit organizations and also serving on the volunteer boards and in appointed and elected positions of leadership.
Legal Assistant – Litigation
Rudman Winchell is seeking an experienced legal assistant to support our busy litigation practice.
Duties related to assisting multiple attorneys will include:
- preparing and typing legal documents and correspondence
- assisting attorneys with all aspects of trial preparation
- tracking and managing deadlines
- document organization and management, including file indexing
- communicating and working closely with clients, courts, governmental agencies, and other professionals
Applicant must have strong analytical and interpersonal skills, be self-motivated and responsive to multiple and changing priorities. The ideal candidate also will be attentive to detail, possess excellent communication skills (oral and written), and work effectively alone or as a member of a team. Experience working in the litigation is preferred.
Compensation for these full-time 40-hour positions is commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
- Family Leave Medical Act
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Maine Child Labor Law
- Maine Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault & Stalking
- Maine Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
- Maine Employment Security Law
- Maine Equal Pay
- Maine Minimum Wage
- Maine Regulation of Employment
- Maine Sexual Harassment and Discrimination
- Maine Social Media
- Maine Supports Nursing Moms
- Maine Video Display Terminal
- Maine Whistleblowers’ Protection Act
- Maine Workers’ Compensation
- Employee Rights under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (PPA)
- Employee Rights under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Employee Rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Your Rights under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)