Michael A. Hockenbury, Esq., practices within the Corporate and Business Practices Group, General Civil, and Criminal Litigation. Mike has represented various financial institutions dealing with creditors’ rights and the recovery of outstanding debts. As a litigator, Mike also has extensive experience both in bringing actions to vindicate our clients’ rights and defending them when they’ve been sued.
Mike’s knowledge spans areas including contract dispute, municipal matters, construction, and landlord-tenant issues, among other areas. Mike is also knowledgeable in criminal law, particularly OUIs. He has advanced training and practice, which gives him an edge against State attorneys.
He attended Rowan University in Glassboro, New Jersey. He received a Bachelor of Arts in Law and Justice Studies in 2009 while also playing for the men’s soccer team. He later received his Juris Doctor from Roger Williams University School of Law in Bristol, Rhode Island, in 2013. When not working, Mike enjoys outdoor activities and spending time with his family.
Areas of practice:
Memberships and Affiliations
- Recognized as a Super Lawyer Rising Star 2021
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch 2021 – 2022
- Maine, 2013
- Massachusetts, 2013
- Rhode Island, 2014
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine, 2016
- Penobscot Nation Tribal Court, 2020
- Rowan University, Bachelor of Arts in Law and Justice Studies, 2009
- Roger Williams University School of Law, J.D., 2013